Monday, March 16, 2009

Starbuck is a Bad Influence on TeamSPank

POSTED BY:  AUspank 
A little over a year ago, forces were coming together to form something unlike the world had ever known. Planets were aligning, stars were shining and TeamSpank was being formed. In case you've been living on the nuclear wasteland of Caprica and don't know what TeamSpank is, we are a legion of slightly neurotic, but perfectly harmless (usually), fans of Katee Sackhoff. Although, if you are here reading this then you probably already know that.

One year ago this month (March 27th to be exact), TeamSpank became an entity of it's own and moved into their new home, TeamSpank HQ and The TeamSpank Treehouse. It's been a wild and crazy year. We've had good times and bad times and just plain out of control times. Through it all, TeamSpank perservered.

Katee has done some pretty amazing things over the past year too. BSG has ended and she's moving on to bigger and better things. We are all so excited about seeing her in new roles. It always comes back to Starbuck though. That's where it started. That's where we fell in love. TeamSpank would probably not exist without Kara "Starbuck" Thrace.

A few weeks ago, I got the inspiration to make a video in honor of this special time in Spank history. I first thought about making a "Katee" video, highlighting some of her greatest acting moments and how they influenced us. I probably would have lost my mind trying to find video clips from The Last Sentinal and Halloween Resurrection though, so I finally chose to focus on BSG. Even though some of us "met" Katee through different venues, I think we all fell in love with her because of Starbuck. So that's what this video is all about...how we fell in love with Starbuck (and subsequently Katee). Because, let's face it. If we had first seen Katee in TLS and never watched BSG would any of us be here now? I don't think so.

Thanks to all of the Spanks that posted your favorite Starbuck moments. I didn't want the video to be all of my favorite moments, so I asked you guys to step up and you did. There were some scenes that I probably would have never thought of or chosen if it had been left up to me. This truly is a team effort. I tried to include everybody's favorites, but there were a few that I just couldn't make work. I hated that, but the song was only so long.

Also, let me apologize if your name did not make the video. I had a limited number of "you's" to fill and more Spanks than I knew what to do with. I felt bad having to leave anybody out, but it couldn't be helped. So I devised a little formula to use and came up with the exact number I needed. Basically, if your name didn't make the video, you haven't been here in several months or you've made very few posts. Bottom line...YOU SHOULD SPANK MORE AND OFTEN!!

That's enough rambling. Here's the video. I hope you like it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment