Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Burned My Leg Watching Battlestar Galactica!

POSTED BY:   MaxiSpank 
 
I'm only posting about this here because I am strangely proud of this accomplishment and want the world to know. Who else in fandom can lay claim to being so engrossed in a TV show that they didn't notice their leg burning and consequently had to go to hospital the next day cause it was a hot painful mess?
 
The back story is that I had to wait for hours for the torrent to download for "Daybreak Part I" - something that I have to deal with each and every week. Anyway, as I was waiting, I was surfing away and idly gossiping about a whole lot of nothing much, as we Spankers tend to do. So I was sitting there with my lappy resting on my leg, and eventually the torrent finished downloading so away I went. It was kinda cold outside, but my lappy was multi-tasking and acting as a bit of a heater. I was content and cosy, and getting very engrossed in the show. After a while, i started t think that my defacto heater was over-reaching a bit and I was getting a little hot, but what did I care - BSG WAS ON.

Then about 15 minutes later my leg felt REAL hot and my laptop suddenly overheated and conked out. I kind of had the shits with this fact and shoved it angrily off my lap.OMG. The state of my leg. It was this big red mush the size of a grape fruit, with a couple of enormous blisters and tons of satellite blisters. So gross. At least I had to deal with it, so I had something to do in the excruciating wait while my laptop cooled down again and I could reboot. I was more pissed about being interrupted (aka 'cock-blocked') mid BSG epi. That's just not on. Anyway I went and got it checked out the next day and its on the mend.

I'm just so proud of it though. I really need to get a life. I really should add a picture of it, but then I'd have to hide it under spoiler tags cause it would REALLY spoil your appetite

No comments:

Post a Comment