Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Katee at Comic Con 2009 - 24 Panel Transcripts

POSTED BY:  SnowflakeSpank 
 
Disclaimer: I did not go to Comic Con, this is all from videos found around the web. I only transcribed the Katee stuff, because as far as I'm concerned, she was the only celebrity in the room!

Thanks: So much thanks to all those who went and captured this goodness for us losers sitting at home... because really who is the bigger loser: the person attending a "Con" or the person sitting at his/her computer searching for video from the "Con" as soon as they could possibly be uploaded? Yep. Thats right. We pretend to be too cool to go, but we are easily just as lame!
**********
Katee Moment ONE: The moderator has begun talking to the new cast members of the show and has just finished a question with Freddie Prince Junior about being a big fan of 24 and the character he will be playing this season.

Moderator: "There's a familiar face right next to Freddie. A lot of fans [completely drowned out by cheers] Thank you, grateful to see Miss Katee Sackhoff back on television and so Katee tell us again how you came to this show again a little sneak on who you'll be portraying."

Katee: "Um, well I think that- that I found out that there was a role and I kinda called my-it's a long story but I basically called my manager and was like get me on 24. So through a long process I finally ended up on - on the show but um, I play Dana [pause] Walsh. Sorry I had to make sure I got the last name right, its changed a couple times. Almost called her something else. I play Starbuck [laughs] (crowd goes wild) Um I play a character named Dana Walsh, who is engaged to Cole (motions to Freddie Prince Jr. who pumps his fist causing Katee and crowd to laugh) Um, and she is a um data analyst at CTU, and um, thats all I can tell you. I don't want to give too much away! All I can say is that I sat down in the writer room with Howard and everybody and I said- and I read the scripts and was like this is fantastic, at some point I need a gun. Oh boy. Because I'm starting to feel really naked. So I'm like, this computer stuff is great and everything and I love saying all the big complicated words (not really) um but um, I need a gun. And two, preferably. " (crowd cheers, Freddie Prince Jr. leans over to whisper something to her that makes her laugh)

********
Katee Moment TWO: Mary Lynn Rajskub is answering the moderator's question about the different aspect of her character that was seen last season with her becoming a mom and how her character will be different this season.

Katee smiles and waves in response to Mary Lynn Rajskub's reference to her character being Chloe's boss.

(this is, in my opinion, the only good part of this answer)
********
Katee Moment THREE: Questions from the audience

Audience member: "This question is for Katee. You were involved in your previous show from the beginning. How has it been for coming into this show that's been around for 7 years?"

Katee: "Um, Its been interesting. It- the show - everyone is welcoming me with open arms. I think - I said the other day I couldn't have left - or found an experience that was so much like Battlestar Galactica in- in the sense that everyone is a family, the hours are kinda similar, um and I really really enjoy working with everyone and everyone enjoys working with each other so its just a very seamless transition for me to come into, so its - its been really nice. So."

****
Katee Moment FOUR: Questions from the audience

Audience Member: "Hi Katee (Katee waves excitedly) After playing Starbuck for the past 5 years and really owning that role, (crowd yelps and hollers) rebellious tomboy [unheard] and yet being very feminine in real life, how are you going to bring that all together in this role?"

Katee: "um its - its - starbuck was so much fun and she was so strong and it was kind of like therapy to get to go to work and beat people up and ya know... it really was, I kind of miss beating people up because this character is not that. So um its, its I think that every character on television has a little bit of yourself because I think its just easier to go to work and play this character if its just a side of yourself so this is just kind of the sweeter side of myself, ya know. For a while. I can't give too much away. Like, I'm trying not to say too much. I don't - seriously, I might get fired, I have no job security whatsoever. On 24 you have no job security, I could get my head cut off and put in a duffle bag for evidence."

No comments:

Post a Comment